Is the technical-administrative procedure used to identify, prevent and interpret the environmental impacts that will produce a project in the environment should if it is executed, all in order that the competent authorities may accept, reject or modify it.
This administrative-legal process basically consists of the following phases:
- Presentation of thesummaryreportby the promoter
- Priorconsultationsto individuals and institutionsby theenvironmental authority
- Realization of theEIA (Environmental Impact Assessment) by the promoter
- Presentation to theenvironmental authority
- Public Participation Process
- Issuance ofEIS(Environmental Impact Statement) by the environmental authority